Designer: Stefanie O'Dea

Monday, January 3, 2011

26th November 2010.


Making a List


Day 5

Ali and I decided to further research the Vintage Stores in New York City, preparing a list last night and plotting them on our pocket maps so that we were ready to hit Chelsea, The Meatpacking district, Soho and Noho today. Yet again we were mesmerized by the quality of Vintage we were stumbling across, Chanel, Valentino, Givenchy, Hermes, Escada and the list, literally, goes on and on. One Vintage store, Sale Couture and Vintage Couture, had a dress displayed in the window that caught my eye. I tried it on not wanting to know the price of the garment, but when I fell in love I had Ali reveal it to me, and guess what... it was in my price range and I am now the owner of my dream dress, that I have no occasion for... yet.


Wondering around on foot, we came across some billboards, street art and window displays that caught our attention. One in particular had two bags featured in the window of the store, made out of clay bones, painted white and pinned together, at the time this caught my eye, as i was questioning if they were for use and if so, the practicality of the item, but when we proceeded to walk into the store, the aesthetic of the bags for sale did not suit the raw warrior theme of the displays, that turned out to be a display only.



No comments:

Post a Comment